Friday 2 August 2019

For Immediate Release


Usually, I plan my articles. I mostly create them in my head before even opening Microsoft Word on my laptop. I read them over and over, and even get someone to proofread it before it finally gets to you. But tonight, I'm going to keep it just the way it is. I'm going to allow these ideas flow out my head like sweat in a sunny weather.


I go through the days with thoughts. Thoughts of what I could become, thoughts of who I could be, thoughts of who I'm becoming, and thoughts of who I'm not becoming. It is true that life is a movie, and we're all actors. We're all performing. I'm a good actor. I smile when I'm angry, act humble when I'm aggressive, say I don't care about my looks, and yawn when I have nothing to say. I have all these great ideologies to share  but act dumb when it's best to do. The worst part is, sometimes I act like I care when I really don't.

They say we live, we learn. There are a handful of things that I've learned lately.
True happiness is gained from the quality relationships we have with people. Sometimes I see tweets in which people conclude that if they have a good internet connection with devices to match with and food, they could stay indoors for months. It's quite obvious that such people haven't experienced that before.

First of all, God didn't create us in such a manner. It's the artificial lifestyle that the power holders have created that makes you think so. As humans, our inborn cravings include ultimately the presence of our loved ones around us. However, we tend to think we have total control of our lives, and that we don't need any validation or the presence of anyone to feel complete and happy.  Ask those who make those claims, and they’d reveal that they’d spend most of their time on social media, forgetting that social media is just a network of virtual friends and strangers. In actuality, they’re still chasing this innate longing. What happens when you’re unwillingly locked inside a room? The desire to come out, right? You basically want to come out to nature, as the room is just a shelter for protection… the chase! The room isn’t our natural habitat. We all experience good conversations with people, the issue is, we don’t appreciate it enough. We don’t take a deep look into what it does for us. Yes, after such conversations, our problems still remain, but it sparks our excitation hormone. It releases us from bondage in our mind. We’re set free, we’re refreshed, and we’re inspired.

Research reveals that people with high life expectancy have quality relationships. Emphasis on the word QUALITY. You can have relationships, but it can be filled with opportunism, jealousy, envy, and void. The one thing that brings genuine joy in relationships is the quality. We all need warm hugs and unforgettable kisses. We need people who’d look out for us, especially when we’re in need. We need people we can share our wins with, those we can share our sorrows with, a shoulder we can cry on, a pillow we can lie on.

The human mind is meant to be fed with something. If we’re alone, it is occupied by thoughts of ourselves, and everything around us. This can be deepened with anxiety, fear, lust and all sort of feelings or emotions which may make us take bad decisions which in the end can make us feel bad about ourselves.

Don’t underestimate the relationships you have with your intimate partner (if applicable), your family and friends. They shall make you whole, they shall make you experience a well-lived journey on earth.

Another thought I’ve realised about a lot of people around me is the notion that life is about money, and the years we have here is basically time allowed for us to accumulate it. Whenever anyone makes such a strong statement about money, my first question or reaction is, what about those who lived in the pre-money era? Was their generation wiped out because they didn’t invent money? My dear brothers and sisters, if you have this notion, you need to re-evaluate your whole life. One day I shall spend time to fully discuss this money issue, since a lot of you are obsessed with it. I have people in my life who have made really poor decisions because they think something that is basically a tool for trading would save them.

I’m not going to take the pulpit today. Just understand that it is the greed of humans that have led us here, to make money so powerful. It all started from a trait of a man like you. It could end with another trait from you.
To have life is a blessing. We may go down, we may come up. But in all directions, we put our hands on our chest and raise our voice to say DUM SPIRO SPERO!

5 comments:

  1. God bless you hunay for this. I absolutely love this . Thank you Kinpin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just when I needed this
    Great piece

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow. Great piece Steeze. Keep it up bro

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well written, considering you didn't have anyone proofread it. It's a great piece!

    ReplyDelete